- The international city of Knowledge
The Innovation Circle
— The International Knowledge Centre – Ferney-Voltaire
The International Knowledge Centre
Part of the Poterie – Paimboeuf – Tré la Grange community project, this 10 hectare economic hub will be home to training activities and services.
Location : Ferney-Voltaire (Paimboeuf – Tré la Grange)
Capacity : 100,000 sq. m of activities (including 45,000 sq. m available immediately)
The International Knowledge Centre will be a skills centre dedicated to knowledge transfer, services and innovation. It will work alongside the conurbation’s major facilities (international district, airport, CERN, etc.) and will cover around 10 hectares. It will be home to training bodies, private businesses and services.
Facilities which will benefit the region will be set up: hotel, “low cost” or student residency hotel, restaurants, business services, etc.
An efficient public transport service (Cornavin-Gex BRT) will be in place from 2016
The aim of this centre is to work as a network with other facilities with similar objectives. It will include pooled video conference facilities, interpreting booths, conference rooms, etc. as well as anything contributing to giving the site a greater international appeal.
The first building will be in place from 2015
A first 5,000 sq. m building will be ready at the beginning of 2015. This will be the first part of this economic skills hub and will include :
- The higher education/training centre project (CNAM, GRETA, amphitheatre with interpreting booths, conference rooms, video conference facilities, joint reception),
- The headquarters of the NGO Population Services International,
- Catering facilities,
- A private real estate development programme to host activities connected to the centre’s aims.
Those present on the site and nearby will be able to take advantage of the shared facilities. These include :
- Conference rooms
- Amphitheatre with video conference