- The international city of Knowledge
The Innovation Circle
As part of the planning process of the future Innovation Circle, 6 priority focal points have been agreed. Specific research will determine each facility’s economic plan.
- The innovation network developing and pooling tools facilitating innovation in the region: an incubator linked to the CERN, tools (business hatcheries, business service centre, resources centres), for a network of high-tech sectors.
- The International Knowledge Centre : a skill centre dedicated to training, knowledge transfer and services.
- The knowledge economy centre (linked to WIPO) : office space for specialised consultants and legal advisers with a patents and innovations department for researchers from developing countries.
- The centre for international trade (working with the GTSA) : hosting organisations preparing for the REACH procedure (European system for evaluating and authorising chemical substances) in application since 2007, and business support services for putting together applications.
- New, multi-functional areas focussed on hosting international visitors : accommodation such as residential hotels, hotels, centres, premises for organisations, shops and services, etc.
- An area for activities linked to the airport to help increase traffic and drive development.
Plans have also been made for :
- Reception and service areas
- Developing links with Palexpo
- A lively, attractive, green centre
In terms of mobility, two core projects will be launched by 2016-2017 :
- The extension of line 14 of the tramway to Saint-Genis Pouilly
- A bus rapid transit system (BRT) from Geneva- Cornavin to Gex.
Secondly, two new projects will be developed by 2021 :
- A tramway linking Geneva Place des Nation to Ferney Voltaire
- A transverse BRT Ferney Voltaire – Saint-Genis Pouilly
A SELECTION OF CURRENT PROJECTS AT THE INNOVATION CIRCLE
Porte de France project in Saint-Genis Pouilly :
- Aim : housing, public facilities, shops and services
- Mixed zone taking advantage of the future tramway connection
- Bordering the Saint-Genis Pouilly Technopark
- Provisional distribution of activities – North sector (15ha)
– A state high school
– A swimming pool
– A gymnasium
– A medical centre
– 400 homes
– 8,000 sq. m of services
- Provisional distribution of activities – South sector (8.6ha)
– 700 homes
– 6,500 sq. m of shops
– Hotels (3* hotel + residential hotel)
– 1 Park+Ride with 650 parking spaces.
Project to redevelop the St-Genis Pouilly Technopark :
Research into the future development of Saint-Genis Pouilly Technopark is currently underway. The aim is to :
- Give the site a strong identity and ensure exposure
- Consider the best links with the public transport available and in particular the extension to line 14 of the tramway
- Redesign its business properties
High-tech incubator project
This facility, the fruit of a joint project with the CERN, will aim to make it possible for project leaders to secure their business start-up projects in the high-tech field.
These people will be offered a full package :
- A site close to the CERN with services
- Support (help to set up their business, training, funding requests)